onsdag den 6. februar 2013

“I only wish I'd known then what I know now: I could have spared so many girls.”

“I only wish I'd known then what I know now: I could have spared so many girls.” Bobo Siede performed Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) at ceremonies across Guinea Bissau for more than 20 years. Now she works with Plan to advocate against it.
As we reach the tenth International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) on 6th February 2013, Plan is continuing to raise awareness within African communities about the dangers of the traditional practice – and change minds.
FGM, sometimes performed on girls as young as six, has many serious health risks: it violates the rights of girls to be protected from harm and often leaves women fighting for their lives. But in many communities it is a cherished tradition, defended by men – and women. 
Læs mere her!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar