søndag den 20. april 2014

Meeting my mum's sponsored child left a lasting impression

Whilst backpacking around Africa on a trip of a lifetime with my friend, Natasha Hayman, 25, I have been fortunate to see the impressive ethos and execution of projects carried out by global children’s charity Plan UK thanks to donations from child sponsorship in countries including Uganda, Ghana and Ethiopia. Yet, we were still unprepared for the overwhelming experience of actually meeting the girl my mum sponsors through the charity. Her name is Pascaline, and she lives in Togo. My mum has been sponsoring her for seven years and I couldn’t wait to meet her.A two-hour drive took us from Atakpamé Pascaline’s village in the heart of rural Togo. As we stepped out of the car we found ourselves in the middle of a procession of singers and dancers. We were immediately led to a central meeting area, which was a clearing in the shade of mango trees, where 200 villagers gathered to welcome us. 

Læs mere her!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar