mandag den 24. marts 2014

Schoolgirls are flushed with pride on World Water Day

Girls in a rural area of Pakistan are celebrating this World Water Day with new toilet and hand washing facilities which are making their primary school happier and healthier. When community worker, Rai Nasir, heard the local primary school for girls in Vehari, Pakistan, did not have a proper toilet or a clean water supply, he knew he had to do something about it. “Women and children are the most neglected segment of my society. I am always keen to do something positive for the children in my community, so when some of the parents told me about the need for a water pump in the girls’ primary school, I took it upon myself to sort the matter out,” says Rai. Rai contacted the school’s head teacher, Azra Parveen. The two of them decided to join forces to campaign for funding for better hygiene facilities at the school.

Læs mere her!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar