fredag den 29. marts 2013

Adjoa: Life as a Vidomegon

A vidomegon is a child, often a girl, who is sent to live the life of a servant for a wealthier family. Very often, these children have no choice in the matter. Adjoa is a vidomegon, and this is her story...

My name’s Adjoa. When Plan’s envoy asked me to tell my story, I almost refused. I was afraid because usually, people don’t notice me. But he explained, so kindly, that my story could help many other girls without voices who had similar living conditions. That was when I agreed to talk about my life.

For a long time, I was clueless and sad. But now, I’m frightened. I’m afraid for my future and what will happen when the little being that will call me ‘mother’ arrives. I’m pregnant and this should be good news. I should be joyful with hope in my heart. Instead, I am afraid, because, after all, I’m only 14 years old. Oh, excuse me; I’m starting this story from the ending...


Læs mere her!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar