torsdag den 16. juni 2011

Girls are now free to play - Sangai, Liberia

“My name is Sangai. I am 12 and live in Lofa County. In my country so many children are not going to school, but I am fortunate to be in school. Their parents send them out to sell and bring money for the family to live on. Some do not go to school because of poverty.

Before joining Plan’s Girls Making Media programme, I used to be very shy. But since I joined this programme, I can now stand in front of any group of people to talk.

I have done a lot of advocacy against child labour on the radio, in the community and sometimes directly with the parents.

I usually join my friends to go to the various communities to talk on issues affecting children. Because of the advocacy activities we are carrying out, more girls are now going to school and are free to play with their friends just like they have always allowed boy to do.”

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar