torsdag den 16. juni 2011

Combating early marriage and child abuse - Keneth, Liberia

“My name is Keneth. I am 18 and live in Lofa County. Since I joined Plan’s Girls Making Media programme in 2010, we have been working with communities to combat early marriage, female genital cutting, child labour, child abuse and more.

Presently, I am the Vice President of the Girls Making Media programme of Kolahun district, Lofa County.

Through training from Plan now I can use a computer, use broadcast equipment, a digital camera and a recorder. I am also able to advocate for others with boldness and talk in public without feeling shy.

The major impact this programme has made on me is that I know my rights and responsibilities as a child, to know that boys and girls are equal and should be treated fairly. I also know how to lead a group and how to work with other children of different backgrounds.”

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar