torsdag den 31. juli 2014

Sponsorship - The Sponsor's Story

"Receiving Letters from my Sponsored Child Means So Much"

Lynne has been sponsoring Elijah in Kenya for the past 11 years. She explains why she started sponsoring, her experience of it and how she managed to met her sponsored child.

"I have two boys myself - at the time that I started sponsoring they were 11 and 13. I was giving them money to go to the shop and buy themselves some sweets and started to think that for less than 76 cent a day you could be making a difference to another child’s life. Such a small sum makes no impact on your life. So, I decided to sponsor a child.

For several years my husband and I had been corresponding with Elijah. We have regularly exchanged letters in which he tells us how he is progressing at school, how his family is getting on and the latest news from his village. It meant so much for me and my family to receive these letters. It felt like we were having a real impact on Elijah’s life, that with help from our sponsorship, he was able to develop into the person he is today.

Læs mere her!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar