torsdag den 29. maj 2014

Typhoon Haiyan - six months on, we are rebuilding the Philippines together

Regino’s story

When Typhoon Haiyan hit Regino’s village, he clung to the rooftop of his house crying for help with his parents and six other brothers and sisters. Luckily, they all survived. But his house did not.

“During that night, we left most of our things behind,” says the twelve-year-old. "We grabbed the clothes we saw, but left most behind. I also had to leave most of my toys, my school bag and books. I brought with me a t-shirt, a pair of shorts, and my yo-yo.”
In his village, 318 houses were destroyed.

Plan is helping Regino’s community get back on its feet by assisting with the reconstruction of his school and cash-for-work schemes. 


Læs mere her!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar