søndag den 22. september 2013

Case study: Bangladeshi street children share their dreams

Bangladeshi street children had a chance to tell the world about their dreams by showing off their pictures in an art exhibition held at the Bangladesh National Museum in Dhaka, the capital city.
Some 28 street children created 80 pieces for the 'Our Dreams Drawn' exhibition held 2-4 June to raise awareness of their plight. About 400,000 girls and boys live on the streets of Dhaka and are often excluded from basic services like healthcare and education.
“I drew butterflies because I want to be like them,” said Kakoli, one of the artists. “They are so colourful and happy. And now I am very happy that my picture has been sold. I will keep the money and use it for starting a beauty parlour when I grow up.”
Se billederne her!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar