torsdag den 8. august 2013

Making it to school in Mali

My name is Soumata. I am 18 years old and live in a village in Koulikoro region, southern Mali. I started school in 2002 and dropped out in 2010, when I was just 16, after a series of personal issues. My father died, and later I became pregnant.
I was struggling to concentrate on my lessons at school and my life at home was very difficult. We barely had any food and could rarely afford to light up the house with candles.
Trying to study was almost impossible. My mother had no means to buy basic learning materials. I had very limited school supplies. Instead of the 17 school books required for lessons in year 8, I only had 7, and the lack of lighting at home meant I couldn’t revise in the evenings.
Læs mere her!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar