mandag den 10. juni 2013

Count Every Child voices

"I don't have a birth certificate because my father used it, like any piece of paper, to roll a cigarette." Cameroonian child.

"Only when I wanted to put my son in government school when he was 16 years old I realised that he needed a birth certificate. We were shunted around and also had to pay Rs.5001 to get the affidavit from the magistrate."
- Durga Bharati, India



"Many organisations visit to help us, but they ask for assessments about how big our population is and its different age groups, and we can’t answer because the Supreme Electoral Council’s census is insufficient. We know that we have a high number of unregistered people."
- Elsa Cristina Palm, Registrar of Puerto Morazan, Nicaragua

"I have the right to be registered immediately after birth." - 5-year-old boy

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar