fredag den 19. april 2013

Case study: Saving babies' lives

See how Plan is helping to cut death rates for newborn babies by 50% in some districts of Nepal.


Two thirds of deaths of Nepalese children aged under 5 are during the newborn period. In 2001, Plan started setting up pregnant women's groups to help women prepare for a safe birth and to care for their babies. Today there are more than 500 groups across the country producing dramatic results.
One 17-year-old group member said: "I've learned lots of things from these meetings, like I should take iron tablets, I must have warm and soft clothes ready for the baby, and when it's born to hold it close to me and to keep it warm. I wouldn't know anything if it wasn't for the Pregnant Women's Group."
Se en video om det her!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar